Wednesday 9 April 2014

Reading

  • WALT: ask questions as we read to make sure we understand what we read.

Remember we can question before we read…
What is this going to be about? What do I already know that will help me understand? what do I want to find out?
 We can question as we read… 
what does that mean? what is going to happen next? what else do I want to know?
 We can question after we read…
does that make sense? what have I learned? have I answered my earlier questions? what else do I want to know?
    • I learned to: read and know what it actually means because I have been rereading, and sometimes I ask questions to make sure it all makes sense.
    • Most challenging was: trying not to accidentally read different sentences when I am trying to reread
    • Next step is to: think hard about questions and predictions before I start reading to help it all make sense.
Gaby, you are working hard to make sure you understand what you are reading. You are using the strategies we are practising in class such as prediction and questioning to help 'tune in' to the text.
Remember to try and ask different types of questions, some thick and some thin.
Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment