Wednesday 3 June 2015

Reading portforlio sample

Description: In reading we have to do a tic tac toe for expand vocabulary my goal for this is to find as many words that start with Tri as possible .A prefix is the beginning part of a word that gives us more information about it’s meaning. Here is is my poster about what is Prefix.
these are the words I no the meanings of


triangle-shape triplets-three triathlon-race trial-path tried-worked hard tribe-a pack or a family working together tricycle-another type of bike trident- something you use to defend or attack
tripod-tripod is a portable three-legged frame, used as a platform for supporting the weight and maintaining the stability of some other object. A tripod provides stability against downward forces and horizontal forces and movements about horizontal axes. The positioning of the three legs away from the vertical centre allows the tripod better leverage for resisting lateral forces.



big idea:Try to find words that start with tri and give more information what the words mean.

FeedBack:I think you are good at writing words starting with tri.
FeedForward: I think you have to work on how to spell the word.
-harriet

evaluation:I think I did well at finding words but i need to work on my spelling.

2 comments:

  1. Gaby - what does 'tri' mean? Which of these words use this meaning in the word?

    What are the success criteria? How do you know if you are getting better at expanding your vocabulary? (Hint: Use your bookmark!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Gaby - do you now know what the prefix 'tri' means?

    I still can't see your success criteria for this post. Remember that your evaluation is about the SUCCESS CRITERIA not on how well you did the task.

    ReplyDelete